Author Archives: jackebrownjrgmailcom
Join Us for – “Tomorrow’s Learning Today” September 18, 2017 – Early Learning Center – Board Training Room 7 – 8:30 p.m.
WPE and Westerville City Schools are presenting the second of their Tomorrow’s Learning Today series of conversations, which have been designed to foster greater awareness and understanding of how educators are addressing the critical issues that impact out youth, our society, and our school system.
During Emotional Health – In and Out of the Classroom, community leaders, independent experts and school representatives will discuss the impact of students’ emotional health on learning in the classroom, as well as the importance of providing resources that contribute to the overall well-being of students. Topics to be explored in this session include:
- Factors contributing to a growing number of youth experiencing emotional health issues
- How academic programming & facilities can impact student emotional well being
- Aspects of healthy peer-to-peer relationships
- Support available to students through our schools and community
- Tools and strategies for parents/community members to support and engage our youth
Welcome to the Starry Night 2017 Volunteer Sign-up! This event happens Sunday, April 23rd from 2-6 pm, and we need many volunteers to help it run smoothly. You are welcome to sign up for 1 hour, 4 hours, or all day! Everyone is welcome, and younger students can sign up with their parents.
Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.