Stars in the Park 2014
Come out and join us and the Columbus Astronomical Society for a free night of stargazing on May 3 at 8:30pm in the Westerville Soccer Complex (on Cleveland Ave across from the Rec Ctr). CAS astronomers will be on hand with their amazing telescopes to help families see the wonders of the night sky. You won’t want to miss it!
Check out pics from last year’s Stars in the Park event!
• Gloves, hat and blankets, if it will be chilly
• Binoculars, if you have them
And, finally, a few tips on stargazing etiquette. It helps to prepare the kids in advance!
• Please remind children to walk, not run, for everyone’s safety and the safety of the telescopes. These telescopes belong to the astronomical society members and are significant personal investments.
• Always ask an astronomer before touching or viewing from a telescope. (In fact, it is best to keep hands off of the telescopes so they don’t get moved from their viewing position.)
• Use flashlights, cell phones, and other lighted electronic devices sparingly when in the vicinity of the telescopes. Please keep lights pointed toward the ground whenever possible.
• Enjoy yourselves!